A/0 in place.Welcome to this lovely Saanichton village half duplex! This property offers a spacious ground floor with a large open concept kitchen, living and dining room with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, oversized windows, gas fireplace, high ceilings and engineered wood flooring.The second floor consists of a generous laundry room and 3 bedrooms; with a large walk-in wardrobe, en suite i...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Anastassia moved to Montreal when she was 10 years old where she became fluent in both French and English. In 2015, she graduated from Concordia University with a BA in Psychology. She volunteered for various organizations, utilizing her Psychology degree to help youth become engaged in education and find employment. Anastassia developed a strong work ethic through her experiences in hospitality and sales. Her exceptional communication skills have lead her excel in both voluntary and managerial positions.
After moving to Victoria with her husband, an Officer of the Royal Canadian Navy, Anastassia began working her way towards a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management. They purchased a home in Langford, a community in which they feel fortunate to be raising their first child.
Anastassia has always had and interest in real estate and after her and her husband went through the process of purchasing a home themselves, she knew that this was an industry that she wanted to be a part of. Anastassia enjoys being in control of her own schedule, making her life as a REALTOR® dynamic and different every day!
Anastassia joined Pemberton Holmes in 2018 and is proud to be among this professional group of REALTORS®. Pemberton Holmes was founded in 1887 and has continued to be one of Vancouver Island’s most prominent brokerages. Family owned since established, Pemberton Holmes operates on strong family values, professionalism, and a commitment to excellence. These values align perfectly with Anastassia’s own values and morals.
Anastassia’s strong negotiation skills, tactfulness and organized nature allow her to support her clients through the often overwhelming world of real estate. With Anastassia, you will find a REALTOR® with excellent listening skills, ready to work for you and your interests.